Monday, February 14, 2011

Orange Chocolate Ricotta Cake

Knowing how much my husband enjoyed my almond ricotta cake I decided to up the ante for Valentine's, and make it just a bit more special. I reduced the ingredients to make it just for two, and added chocolate, the essential ingredient of the day. The bottom layer has dark Dutch cocoa, orange zest and is infused with orange liqueur. In the middle layer I added Belgium white chocolate, and once again the orange zest and liqueur. Of course it wouldn't be Valentine's without a touch of red so I used a red currant jelly glaze for colour.

10 comments:

  1. Orange + chocolate + ricotta = a slice of heaven. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bookmarking this to try soon -- I second Claudia's comment - Happy Valentine's day -
    You should consider sending this to my event - Please read events details here - Look forward http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/01/guest-event-coming-to-now-serving.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet of you to make this for your husband. What a perfect cake for this day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love ricotta. Mixing it with chocolate and orange sounds...too fantastic. Dangerously fantastic. I love the little heart shapes too, the presentation is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow, Anna! Such a decadent little heart shaped cake. Orange, ricotta, chocolate, white chocolate...insanely droolworth. Love the heart shape, and the glaze on the top, also the little hearts, and cupid around it for a festive Valentine's look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, beautifully glazed cake! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cake,i hope you had a wonderful valentine day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I just adore ricotta cakes and this has such beautiful flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at the title. Your cake looks beautiful and I bet it tastes as good.

    Plan B

    ReplyDelete
  10. olahlah...they look gorgeous! The combination of orange, chocolate and ricotta for sure is the winning combo!

    ReplyDelete