Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tuscan White Bean and Sun-dried Tomato Dip


How many of you look for inspiration at your local farmer's market, grocery store or by simply rummaging through your pantry or fridge in order to come up with a recipe idea?  Spotting a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in my fridge was I all I needed to spruce up my standard Tuscan bean recipe. It's a great way to add some colour and extra flavour to this vegan friendly dish. Delicious and healthy, it's a great spread for crostini, dipping with homemade herb flavoured pita chips or veggie crudities.


Ingredients:
1 can  (15 ounce) cannellini  white beans
8 pieces of sun dried tomatoes (marinated in herbs and oil)
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
1 small garlic clove
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Rinse and drain the beans. In a food processor, finely chop the garlic. Add the beans, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and pulse. Pour the oil in a steady stream through the feeder tube and continue processing until the required puree consistency.

5 comments:

  1. Anna-I thought I clicked on a different blog...something very new? I hope I'm not imagining, but it seems you changed background, or did you get a new camera?
    Oh, my...I'm loving the Tuscan White Bean Dip, and I happen to have homemade sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs.
    I can just slather that beautiful dip-spread on a crunchy crostini...Yumm! so perfect, and addictive!
    BTW-I also have an award, actually two if you would like to take both, for you to claim.
    Just copy and paste...pay it forward if you like, or keep it for yourself.
    Congratualtion, well deserved:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super delicious dip ~ a exquisite blend of ingredients/flavor.Love to have some chips right away :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!

    I can imagine how i tastes with lovely piece of rustic bread. :) I am actually going to Italy this summer, I can't wait (near Rome).

    You have got a lovely place here, hope to visit more often. :) You are most welcome to visit mine, hope you will find some inspiration too.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful dip Anna, love this :)

    ReplyDelete